Cherry Hill Egress Professionals
The system is usually in the bedroom, basement, or attic, to provide an emergency exit in case of a fire or other accident.They also improve the aesthetics of your house as well as adding value to it. They let in light and warmth into your house. Cherry Hill Foundations & Waterproofing provide homeowners with the tips they need to have about this safety feature.
If your basement needs renovation, you must think of the windows as one of the most important parts of your project. The impact they have on the entire appearance of the room is vital. an egress window provides an emergency escape or rescue opening. They are a natural ventilator for your basement — bringing in fresh air from outside. Consider the following while installing an egress window system.
- The hinged casement window can serve as an egress window in your house. They have a clear path for exiting and looks almost like a small door.
- A Slider window, double-hung window, or glider window, are mounted on runners that allow homeowners to open half the length of the window at a time, such sliding egress windows are 48 inches across or more.
- We need to ensure the window at the basement level is properly sealed moisture from seeping inside
Apart from this, there are some more conditions
- A basement egress window should have a clear space surrounding it.
- Minimum projection of 36-inch and steps leading to the window.
- Be operational from the inside.
- No requirement of tools or keys to open the window.
Egress Ladder- Egress window Wells more than 44″ in depth will need a permanently attached ladder. Cherry Hill Foundations & Waterproofing will include the ladder needed for your specific well.The ladders are easy to install. To install the egress window ladder, fasten it over the lip of the well on the side of the window opening. It is wise to attach the ladder to the wall with stainless steel screws for more stability.
Compliant window cell cover-Your window well cover must be able to be opened from the inside and outside with little or no force. These covers are made from Poly carbonate and treated with a UV film to protect it against yellowing and damage. All egress well covers are custom-built to fit any window well irrespective of their shape, size, or style of the well.
Window wells must have the following features.
- Crystal-clear Poly-carbonate – they do not crack and fade
- To add structure and strength to the window well cover, they must be rust-free aluminum.
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- unbreakable design
- Custom manufactured to your window well measurements to ensure a perfect fit.
- Available in egress code compliant sizes
- Variety of shapes to choose from
- Optional hinges, vents and securing clips
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by SiteGround