Identifying Waterproofing Issues
Do you have any problems with your basement? Cherry Hill Foundations & Waterproofing can solve fast and for good. A damp basement can create massive problems like mold, mildew, rot, structural damage, and other health problems. If you noticed any of the symptoms below, definitely you might have a basement water problem.
- Wet basement floor
- Leaking or wet basement walls
- Pooling or standing water
- Stains on concrete surfaces
- Musty odors
- Sump pump issues
- Leaky basement windows
Because every home is different, the best waterproofing methods may differ. There are different factors that come into play when it comes to keeping your basement. Waterproofing your basements before water appears is always advisable to avoid bigger problems that can end up costing too much in terms of repairs.
The top three waterproofing methods to basements are
Waterproof sealants do the magic by keeping the humidity level down thus preventing condensation. They may, however, create waterproof barriers but they do not solve the underlying problem causing the moisture.
- Outside waterproofing- these are methods that block water from making its way inside. They include exterior drainage systems and coating the exterior walls with a waterproof barrier
Once the soil surrounding the foundation is removed, a waterproof sealant can be applied around the wall. This sealant should last for the last of the
building and that’s why contractors do this waterproofing process during construction.
The gutter system should also not be left out. They direct the water out of your home when properly installed. Ensure you keep your gutters clean and free from debris so that they can direct waters away from your home as possible
- The drainage- the most common cause of basement moisture issues to do with the drainage. The methods include repairing a poorly functioning drainage system. Or add a drainage system.
Thoroughly examine how drainage around your home is functioning and take necessary measures.
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by SiteGround